I have the start to a bigger project. Not sure where that is going, but I do know it is starting with these shabby chic clothespins I just painted!
I picked up a sample jar of Benjamin Moore paint in gossamer blue.
Truth be told I love those little jars of paint, and may have picked up a few other colors on that hardware store trip. It is a little more grey than the sample shows, and the color I wanted the guest bath to be which somehow I painted more aqua but that is a story for another day.
I started by taking the clothespins apart and lightly sanding them. The large pins are vintage, the little ones are new. The button is one of a large group of painted wooden buttons I am not all that fond of, and figured 'why not' change them? I painted the top and sides, let dry, painted the backs, let dry, and then gave a second coat to the tops. Did some laundry while the paint dried.
I used a French script stamp and black ink to stamp the images on the top side of the clothespins, then heat set. I lightly sanded the top and edges of the clothespins with 320 grit sandpaper and gave them a quick top coat of acrylic varnish. I let them dry overnight and re-assembled the clothespins.
I'm still working out the details on the
'bigger project' they will be a part of,
but for now I am just using them in
every little way I can think of!
I plan to try these in a few other
colors as well, because.....you
know, I just love those little jars