Crafty Moose gone wild!

Welcome to the Ticklish Moose blog!

Be sure to visit my webstore for some great freebies, as well as Ticklish Moose merchandise:


http://www.ticklishmoose.com/

Creative License

Creative Commons License
All Shown On This Blog by Ticklish Moose is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.ticklishmoose.com.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bling It On!


Before this summer is over, you may get sick of these shoe re-dos....I have once again found a great little flat on sale (BOGO) and just HAD to add my own stamp to it.  It was so comfy  but looked a little too much like a slipper.  Believe it or not- the gray flowers I used were in the bottom of the shopping cart I got from the rack @ the big-box.  Totally a freebie! 

Here is where it started:


The gray fabric shoes were $8  (BOGO)
Sheer silver ribbon- on hand
Gray and blue flowers- found in cart
White flower bunch- Dollar Tree  $1
Contact cement type glue (E-6000)- on hand
I use toothpicks (750/$1) to place glue

Start by removing the fabric flower on the shoe- this is easily done with a seam ripper to remove stitches, and rubbing off any glue with your finger (save flowers for another project). I cut 2 lengths of ribbon approx. 12" long.  I found it easier to make some random folds and lightly press them down with a small iron.  I pulled the flowers off the stems and played with them until I got a combination I liked.  You may want to add more flowers- again, personal choice, no right or wrong.

Now the fun part- glue it on!  As I mentioned, I like to use a toothpick to spread to glue.  You can get it into a small area, and pick up just a small amount with it.  As before- don't glob out too much of the contact cement, b/c you will just waste it- it sets up quite quickly.





I added a pearl bead to the center.  The colors don't show up that great on the pic, the backgrounds of the flowers have some great blue-grays on the edges.  But, I hope you get the idea, and hopefully also the inspiration to change up some plain shoes you have!  
Have a fun weekend!

1 comment:

let's keep it kind :)

All My Best

Telling People What I Think For 40+ Years!!

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com